”A Memory of Light” Giveaway—the Draw Result for the Third & Final Giveaway Book
Well, we began on December 17, when I announced a 3 book giveaway of “A Memory of Light” for New Zealand and Australian readers, with the books to be supplied and forwarded by Hachette New Zealand. (Thank you, Hachette. )
As I said then, I was delighted to have the opportunity to be part of the giveaway, because as both an epic fantasy lover, as well as an author, I really feel that this is an “epic” moment. After all, this series began almost quarter of a century ago and bringing it to completion has required another author, Brandon Sanderson to pick up Robert Jordan’s creation and complete it to the satisfaction of the Wheel of Time’s dedicated readership. The stuff of epics indeed.
I also linked entry for the giveaway to a series of questions. I hope not difficult questions—for readers of the series at any rate. And that is the very reason I asked them, because as much as possible I wanted this giveaway to be for those who love the series, many of whom may have followed it for a long time.
From reading the posts, those who commented seem to have enjoyed the questions. I am glad of that, because I have very much enjoyed your responses—not least because of your enthusiasm for the series and its characters. So thank you to everyone who did comment—and although, alas, there are only three books to giveaway, I hope you have also had some fun reading each others’ comments.
And here we are, poised not only for the 3rd and final giveaway, but also for the worldwide release of “A Memory of Light”, and completion of the Wheel of Time series, tomorrow on January 8—an historic moment!
But for now, onto that draw:
The winner of the 3rd and final giveaway copy of “A Memory of Light” is:
Elysha, if you email me via my website on contact[at]helenlowe[dot]info with your postal address, I will pass it on to HachetteNZ so they can forward you the book.
- To see the inner of the first giveaway book, click here
- For the winner of the second giveaway book, click here
Notes re the Giveaway:
- The giveaway is resticted to readers resident in Australia and New Zealand only.
- Each draw was made using Random.Org with the results posted on the blog on 24 and 31 December, and 7 January respectively.
- If the winners have not contacted me by Friday 11 January at the latest, I shall re-draw for any of the books that are unclaimed.
- Hachette NZ have confirmed that the books are embargoed until January 8, but they will forward the winning copies after that date.
Thank you again, very much, to everyone who has participated!