The First “A Memory of Light” Giveaway Book Drawn—& the Draw for Copies Two & Three Continues!
Note to Commenters & Readers:
But there is still 1 copy left to give away, with the result to be drawn & result posted on January 7 (the day before A Memory of Light’s worldwide release.)
All entries on both this post, as well as the original 17 December post, will go forward for the 3rd draw, but to get your name in one last time , or just to enter for the first time, post a comment on the Wheel of Time character you most love to hate, Here.
* All dates are New Zealand time.
As promised, the giveaway— for Australian & New Zealand readers—of the first of 3 copies of A Memory of Light, being supplied by Hachette New Zealand, has now been made.
Everyone who commented on last Monday’s post, here, to tell me “why you are a fan of the Wheel of Time series”—and the comments were wonderful!—has now been entered in the ongoing draw.
[Drum Roll!] And the winner is:
Sam (the 8th commenter)
Sam, if you email me via my website on contact[at]helenlowe[dot]info with your postal address, I will pass it on to HachetteNZ so they can forward you the book. 🙂
As I said last week, A Memory of Light marks completion of such a major epic fantasy series that I want to maximize your opportunities to win, so here’s what I’m doing:
- I’m making the draw for 1 of the 3 copies each week over 3 weeks (from the first post until January 7): so the first winner has been drawn today and a second draw will be made on 31 December, with the third and final draw on Monday, January 7 — just 1 day ahead of A Memory of Light‘s worldwide release.
- If you’ve already commented on the first, December 17 post then fear not—your name will still be automatically entered into the 31 December and January 7 draws. So you need do nothing more. But if you would like your name to be entered a second time, or you have just discovered the giveaway and wish to enter, then just answer the (again: easy-peasy!) question below.
- And remember—you will get a third opportunity to enter your name for the final draw (on January 7) next Monday. 🙂
And Now, Here’s Your Next Question:
Who is your absolutely favourite character in the Wheel of Time series—and why?
I must admit, I am really hoping some of you will comment again, because I really enjoyed your comments on the reasons why you love the series. I found your enthusiasm inspiring, and I also felt very moved at the profound and positive part the series has played in so many of your lives.
Notes re the Giveaway:
- The giveaway is resticted to readers resident in Australia and New Zealand only.
- Each draw will be made using Random.Org with the results posted on the blog on 24 and 31 December, and 7 January respectively.
- If the winners have not contacted me by Friday 11 January at the latest, I shall re-draw for any of the books that are unclaimed.
- Hachette NZ have confirmed that the books are heavily embargoed until January 8, but they will forward the winning copies after that date.